INFORMATION TEXT ON THE PROTECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The purpose of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 is to protect the basic rights and freedoms of individuals, especially the privacy of private life, in the processing of personal data, and to regulate the obligations of natural and legal persons who process personal data and the procedures and principles that they will comply with.
By Istanbul Medipol University (“Medipol Education and Health Group”), in the capacity of Data Controller within the scope of the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“Law”) and relevant legislation, your personal data will only be processed within the framework described below and following Genetic Diseases Evaluation Centers Regulations, Ministry of Health regulations and other legislation.
Collection Method of Your Personal Data
To carry out medical diagnostic services, planning, management, and financing of health services, protection of public health, preventive medicine, and records relating to your requests to our health institutions, your personal data is obtained by Medipol Education and Health Group through; verbal, written, visually or electronically, online through the SSI system, from the records shared in case of benefiting from a private insurance company, e-mails you send, call center’s call records, Web site, verbal, written and similar channels or in case you come to our health institutions by referral, through the records of referred health institutions.
Especially your health data,
Your special quality personal data and general quality personal data can be processed by Medipol Education and Health Group in connection with the purposes specified in this article, including but not limited to the following:
- Your identity information: Your name, surname, TR Identity number, passport number or temporary TR Identity number, place and date of birth, marital status, gender, insurance and/or patient protocol number, and other identification data that may identify you,
- Your Contact Information: Your address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact data,
- Your personal data is obtained when you contact us via e-mail, letter, or other means, with your voice call records kept by customer representatives or patient services under call center standards,
- Your financial data such as your bank account number, IBAN, credit card information only on the slip, billing and billing information,
- Your data on private health insurance and Social Security Institution data for financing and planning health services,
- Your Health Information: All kinds of health information and data obtained during or as a result of medical diagnosis services, including but not limited to patient medical reports, diagnostic data, biometric and genetic data, your laboratory results, test results, examination data, and appointment information,
- Your notifications such as questionnaires filled out by patients, letters of thanks and complaints, satisfaction results,
- If you use the car parking, your license plate information,
- Your images obtained from the camera recordings that are constantly recorded in the common areas per the legislation in our center,
- Your health data and other personal data that you send or enter to all websites belonging to Medipol Education and Health Group,
- If you apply for a job to Medipol Education and Health Group, your other personal data; including your CV, and all kinds of personal data related to your service contract if you are a Medipol Education and Health Group employee or related employee.
Purposes and Legal Reasons for Processing Your Personal Data
Within the scope of the legislation on health services, which is a public service, and following the provisions of Law No. 6698; As the data controller, Medipol Education and Health Group will be able to process the personal data of our valuable patients for only the following purposes:
- Protection of public health, preventive medicine, execution of medical diagnosis services, planning and management of health services and financing,
- Planning and management of the operation of our center,
- If you make an appointment, to inform you about the appointment,
- Sharing the requested information with the Ministry of Health and relevant public institutions and organizations by the relevant legislation,
- Analyzing the health services you use for the development and improvement of health services and storing your health data,
- Confirming your identity
- Taking all necessary technical and administrative measures within the scope of data security of the systems and applications used,
- Preserving information about your health data, which must be kept by the relevant legislation,
- Providing the necessary information in line with the requests and inspections of regulatory and supervisory institutions and official authorities,
- Sharing requested information with private insurance companies within the scope of financing health services,
- Carrying out risk management and quality improvement activities,
- Measuring patient satisfaction and answering all your questions and complaints within the scope of our health services,
And including and limited to; it can be processed to conduct, develop, plan and manage health services and financing, increasing patient satisfaction, research and development studies related to this and similar purposes. Violation of your rights will not be allowed during the processing of the data.
Under the relevant legislation, your personal information will be recorded, stored, classified, processed, transferred, updated in the system, and may only be shared with Official Institutions (Courts, Chief Public Prosecutor’s Offices, Ministries, etc.)
Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data, within the scope of Law No. 6698 and other relevant legislation and for the purposes stated above:
- Social Security Institution,
- Ministry of Health and its sub-units,
- General Directorate of Security and its affiliated units,
- General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs,
- Turkish Pharmacists Association,
- Chief Public Prosecutor’s Offices, Courts and other Judicial units,
- Laboratories, centers, and similar third parties we cooperate with for medical diagnosis,
- In case of a possible legal dispute, our Lawyers, within the scope of resolution of the dispute,
- Representatives of official institutions authorized to audit our institutions,
- Private insurance companies
- Other official authorities are authorized by law.
It will not be shared with other people and institutions.
Your Rights Regarding the Protection of Personal Data
By the relevant legislation of your personal data, we inform you that you have the rights to:
- Learn whether it is processed or not,
- Request information about it, if it has been processed,
- Learn the purpose of processing and whether it is used by its purpose,
- Know the third parties to whom it has been transferred and request their correction in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Request the deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions stipulated in Article 7 of Law No. 6698, without prejudice to the legal obligation regarding the storage and preservation of patient records required by the Health Legislation,
- Request notification of the transactions made within the scope of the correction, deletion, or destruction mentioned above,
- Object to the emergence of a result against you by analyzing it exclusively through automated systems,
- Request the compensation of the damage in case you suffer damage due to unlawful processing,
As Medipol Education and Health Group, we attach utmost importance to the protection and security of your personal data, protect them in full compliance with all technical and administrative security controls that must be taken by information security standards and procedures, and that personal data security is at the forefront in all our products and services we offer to you. We would like to state that we act with awareness, that the stated security measures are implemented by taking into account all possible risks, considering the technological possibilities, and that all necessary sensitivity is shown in this regard.
For your requests within the scope of the law, fill out the KVKK APPLICATION FORM on our website.
Kavacik Mah. Ekinciler Cad. No.19 Kavacık Junction – Beykoz 34810 Istanbul address;
- We can personally deliver,
- You can send it through a notary,
- [email protected] address, with a secure electronic signature or mobile signature, via your registered e-mail address or your e-mail address that is registered in our system.
More information about KVKK:
http://www.kvkk.gov.tr/You can get detailed information about KVKK at the address.